For those of you who are Grade 8 referees (or better) and would like to be added to the pool of referees assigned to Sunday SJ Boys and Girls Soccer League matches, please follow these instructions:
- Go to the web site www.sjsl.org
- Hover over (but do NOT click) the “Referees” tab on the top menu
- When the drop-down menu appears, click on “New Referees”
- At the bottom of the next page, it says “Please Fill out Form Below”, but there is no form!
- Click on the button [Sunday Games] and the form will appear
- Fill out the form completely
- When finished, DO NOT click on the [Sunday Games] button at the top of the form even though it says “Join the SJSL Arbiter group (Sunday games) here -“
- Instead, scroll to the bottom of the form and click the [Send Email] button
If you have followed all of these steps, you should receive a confirmation email that includes all of the information you entered on the form. The league will review your application and then add you to one or more assignor pools (or contact you for additional information).
If you do not receive a confirmation email, then the process was not completed and you have not been submitted. Rinse and repeat…
Originally the weekend of March 1 & 2 was the start of the Spring season. Due to the weather’s affect on fields, the leagues have decided to push the season back a week (and hope that the fields are dry). The SJ league seasons will kick-off the weekend of March 8 & 9 and will end the weekend of May 17 & 18. There may be other competitions that play the weekend of March 1 & 2.
SPRING TOURNAMENTS: There are several in-season tournaments in the Spring. I do not assign any in the Spring. If you are looking for tournaments, a good place to start is the NJ Youth Soccer Tournament Directory at njyouthsoccer.com. As of this post there are eleven “in-season” tournaments listed before Memorial Day weekend.